Hunting Season Opens In Sept.
The 2014-15 West Virginia Hunting and Trapping Regulations Summary brochure is available at West Virginia hunting and fishing license agents, Division of Natural Resources district offices and the DNR Elkins and South Charleston offices. This summary is also available online at the Division of Natural Resources’ website at www.wvdnr.gov.
DNR officials urge sportsmen and women to carefully review these regulations, as there are several changes in place this fall and next spring.
* The archery boar season will open two weeks earlier on Sept. 27 and run through Dec. 31;
* The statewide archery deer season will open on Sept. 27 through Dec. 31;
* Black bear firearms hunting seasons have been modified, mainly requiring permits for hunting on public lands in addition to private lands in 17 counties;
* The fall wild turkey hunting season will be more restrictive this year with fewer counties open for a two-week season;
* Trappers checking in beavers beginning April 1, 2015, and hunters checking in turkeys during the 2015 spring gobbler seasons must follow the new rules for electronic checking of game.
See www.wvhunt.com, stop at any license agent, or by call 1-844-824-3251.
* Voters in five counties (Braxton, Calhoun, Wirt, Nicholas, and Webster) approved Sunday hunting on private land. Visit the DNR website for a current list of all counties that allow Sunday hunting on private property.