homepage logo

Woman Remains In Jail on Attempted Murder Charge

By Staff | Feb 1, 2017

Hannah Thomas

NEW MARTINSVILLE – A Williamstown woman remains in jail after allegedly stabbing her husband on Saturday, Wetzel County Prosecutor Tim Haught said today.

Paden City Police said Hannah Thomas, 26, of 80 Mountaineer Drive, Williamstown, was arrested after allegedly stabbing Tim Lohri around 9 a.m. Saturday in the north end of Paden City. She is charged with attempted murder.

When Thomas was arraigned by video Saturday in Wetzel County, her bond was set at $150,000 and she was taken to Northern Regional Jail.

According to the police report filed with the Wetzel County Magistrate, when PCPD Patrolman Raphe Bailes responded to a reported stabbing near the intersection of Broadway Street and North Seventh Avenue, he found Lohri lying on Broadway Street with a puncture wound to his chest, believed to be from a knife.

Bailes said because Lohri was unresponsive, he administered CPR. After several minutes, Lohri began to wake up and talk. Lohri was flown via medical helicopter to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown where he remained hospitalized in critical condition today, according to a hospital spokesman.

“Bailes deserves credit for saving the victim of this case and keeping him alive,” Haught said.

Bailes has experience with Wetzel County’s EMS and service as a firefighter with the Shirley and Middlebourne volunteer fire departments.

Haught and city officials said the crime appears to be domestic in nature, and investigators believe Thomas and Lohri are married.

Paden City Police Chief Bob Postlethwait said the stabbing is under investigation.

According to the police report, Thomas and Lohri were arguing when she allegedly stabbed him in the chest with a knife. Police said Thomas admitted that she had a knife when Lohri was stabbed.

The report said a witness saw Thomas lunge at Lohri so as to allegedly stab him.

According to the state Divison of Corrections, Lohri was out on bond for a drug charge on Dec. 17 in Tyler County. Haught confirmed Monday that previously, Lohri pleaded guilty to malicious wounding and was sentenced to two to 10 years in prison for the offense in November 2008.

The malicious wounding charge stemmed from an incident when Lohri attacked with his fists and later threatened Michael Anderson, with a knife in Anderson’s residence on North Street in the Orum Building. In connection with the attack, Lohri also was charged with nighttime burglary, assault during the commission of a felony, and robbery in the first degree.

On a motion of the state, the remaining charges were dismissed, as well as a charge of felony unlawful assault. The charge of unlawful assault stemmed from a April 2007 incident when Lohri allegedly caused bodily injury to a Richard Johnson.

When pleading to malicious wounding, Lohri admitted to the crime, saying “I participated in the incident that night.”

Haught noted during the 2008 plea that Anderson was “lucky to be alive.”