Valley Honors Colton Ring
Valley High School Principal J.C. Kimble has announced Colton Ring as the recipient of VHS’ “Excellence, Pride, Respect Award.” This award was started a few years ago and is given out at graduation to a senior that has exhibited those three qualities and exemplified what it means to be a Valley Lumberjack.
VHS defines each quality as the following:
Excellence – the quality of being outstanding or extremely good
Pride – a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities that are widely admired.
Respect – a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Ring has exhibited each quality in the following ways:
* Held multiple offices at the state and local level of the Technology Student Association. He was the WVTSA State Vice President this current school year.
* OVAC Academic All-Conference
* Represented Valley High School at the Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Seminar
* Secretary of the National Honor Society
* Worked on Multiple Community Service Projects
These were just a few of the many activities and accolades that Ring has achieved.
“His dedication to excellence has earned him the respect of his peers, teachers, and community,” Kimble noted of Ring.