Home Deemed A Loss
At 9:23 p.m. on Aug. 17 the Wileyville Volunteer Fire Department received a call that the Lucido residence, located four miles from Wileyville on Greathouse Hill/Postlethwaite Ridge, had caught fire. The Wileyville VFD was the first emergency crew to arrive to tackle the fully-engulfed home. Fortunately no one was injured in the incident.
The Pine Grove, Silver Hill, and Hundred VFDs also responded to the fire as well as the Grandview and Hundred Emergency Medical Services. Neighbors reported hearing a large explosion at the Lucido home which was deemed a total loss. Jerry Briggs, chief of the WVFD, stated the cause of the fire was possibly natural gas. The incident is still under investigation.